Sydney May

Sydney May
Sydney May (Yan Panpan)

Monday, November 23, 2015

Gotcha Day!!!

Today is Gotcha Day!  I couldn't really sleep last night thinking of all that today had in store and wondering how things would go.  I was hoping for the best but preparing for the worst/

Scott and I prayed right before we went down to the meeting room in the hotel.  We went down 15 minutes early and walked into the room and Sydney was sitting there in a chair.  The adoption director that had brought her here, told her that mama and baba (daddy) were there.  She turned around and smiled and came right to me.  She let me hold her right away and showed me the bear she had with her.  We got some pictures and then she let Scott hold her.  We gave her some toys and she was looking at those and was doing fine.  A little girl had been crying and Sydney looked at her, then she started crying.  She let me hold her and try to comfort her, but she was still crying.  The adoption director came over and spoke to her and she calmed down.  She sat next to the director while we signed guardianship paperwork.  This means we will have guardianship of her for 24 hours, and then tomorrow will sign the official adoption documents.

We were then free to take her.  As soon as the adoption worker left the room, Sydney started again.  She cried as Scott carried her to the elevator and in our room for about 20 minutes as I tried to console her.  Scott showed her Fruit Ninja on the ipad and she got interested in that and stopped crying!  She then started looking around the room and playing with the toys we had brought for her.  She was happy for the rest of the evening.  We ordered room service, then decided to venture outside with her.  We went down to the walkway that runs beside the lake and she loved it!  She had me pick a flower for her and carried it the rest of the evening.

At bedtime, I was very nervous that she was going to be upset, but I gave her a bath, put her pajamas on and laid her down.  She played for awhile, then put her toys down and went to sleep!  She woke up a few times in the night to go to the restroom and she would hold my hand while she fell back asleep.  It was very sweet!

We have found so far that she is very curious and busy!  She is all over the room playing and getting into everything!  She smiles a lot and laughs at daddy being goofy.  I'm sure you're all dying to see the pictures, so here they are!  I will have more soon!

Meeting Sydney for first time!

Meeting Sydney


She loves the ipad


Walk by the lake



Bathtime



1 comment:

  1. Brings back SO many memories! Her childhood buddy, our daughter Lena YuJie, was also there early when we walked into that same room over 3 years ago. Congratulations! SO happy for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete